Re: Leather rim of steering wheel

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Leather rim of steering wheel
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:36:47 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "INTERNET:Bush4brits@aol.com" <Bush4brits@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Tony Rhodes wrote:

> That does sound like a good option.  Can you recommend a particular one?
> I guess it too gets gules down?

On my MotoLitaCopy steering wheel, the leather is stitched only.  No glue.
I know this because the stitching has worn through in some places and
there doesn't seem to be much else holding the leather down.

I'm going to fix it RealSoonNow.

It appears to be a Formuling wheel (3 spoke - 14").  I like it because I
can get my knees underneath when jumping in/out of the TR4.  Being Real
Tall (tm) does have disadvantages.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm