Re: Leather rim of steering wheel

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Leather rim of steering wheel
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:11:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Tony Rhodes wrote:

> Message text written by Malcolm Walker
> >On my MotoLitaCopy steering wheel, the leather is stitched only.  No glue.
> >I know this because the stitching has worn through in some places and
> >there doesn't seem to be much else holding the leather down.<
>
> With no glue, doesn't the leather wrap slide around some as you
> twist it?

Yeah, it moves a little bit- but not much.  It's thick leather (more than
1/8") and it's "fastened" radially to the spokes of the wheel.

There might be adhesive on it but it's not obvious.

I like it- it sticks to my hands.  Was a bit iffy during the cold weather
when I had no heater (wearing leather gloves- so it was slippery), but now
that mild weather is here (and the heater works), I love it.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm