Re: TR6 interior questions

To: Frank & Carol Bandre <bandrece@accessus.net>, "list, triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 interior questions
From: Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:06:55 +0100
Two questions concerning the continuing restor of my 76 TR6.  First,
should
the door edge trim (top of inside of door) be installed before the inner

waist seal?

No. The door edge trim has notches in it that get round the strip's
seven mounting clips, however, I had to cut new nothces as they didn't
line up exactly right.

 Second, I am replacing the plastic tonneau snaps with metal
ones that screw to the door .  Can these be easily attached with the
glass
still in the door? TIA.

Yes. I used pop rivets so that's not a problem--I'd imagine self-tapping
screws would be equally easy.

Good luck,

Adam Turner
'74 TR6