TR3 engine swaps?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 engine swaps?
From: Jeff Foster <jfoster@bdcast.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:51:31 -0600
The '58 TR3 I have has been off the road for over 25 years and the motor
was incomplete when I bought it.  My brother has offered me his old Toyota
pickup as a free 4-cyl/5-spd donor if it will work (the truck runs great
but looks really bad and he's going to chop it in half to build a small
utility trailer).

Not having tried anything like this before I'm hoping that somebody out
there who has could give some advice/pointers on how to go about it.  My
intent is to get the TR back on the road quickly and later rebuild the
original 4-cyl/4-spd to put back into the car as original.

If you can help get me going please e-mail me off the list (I doubt most on
the list will care to hear about it).

Thanks!
-Jeff