Of Mice and Monzas

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Of Mice and Monzas
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 15:03:37 -0800
Today, I broke Huxley out of his hibernation with a little surprise.  I
have been starting it at least once every couple of weeks and warming it
up but I had not driven it in about a month.

It was no shock that it started right up, but when i went behind it to
take down the top, I noticed cat food pellets scattered behind the
exhaust tips.  I thought to myself, "That's strange, I wonder how cat
food got over here in my shop?"  It didn't take long to figure out the
answer.  Apparently, I have an energetic mouse that has been collecting
cat food in all four of my Monza tips.

As soon as I revved it up, cat food shot out the back end about 20
feet.  So, naturally, I had to take it up to 6000 rpm as I left to make
sure I got it all out.

But I had a nice drive and really aired it out.  What a beautiful day
for the first (and I hope not only) day of Spring.

Joe Curry
--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer