pop rivit/fiberglass

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: pop rivit/fiberglass
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 06:57:26 EST
    Hi List,
              I posted this question the other day and I wonder if anyone else
besides Andy took any interest. Does anyone know what the pop rivit located at
the top, in the center of the wheel well on late Spit. and GT hoods is for ?
We noticed it in all 6 of the hoods we had, but it is not in the 69 GT of
mine. The rivit does not have any use we can see and has never held anything
as far as we can tell. Also what are the holes for that run along the top of
the wheel well seam for? In building the fiberglass wheel well molds we omited
both on both sides. The first well is ready to pull from the mold the second
will be today. The hood mold shell is almost complete. Ill pull it next week
after the brace work is installed.
               One other question .....Has anyone ever fitted gas hood lifts
to a GT or Spit? It looks like it would be simple to do. I know the Jags had
them and it would be cool to have an inside hood release so the hoods could be
shaved, dechromed and locked. I think that a single release latch like the
ones for a TR6 would work. Has anyone eveer done it for a trunk lid or rear
hatch?
               T I A !

PLB3