Rocker shaft oil feed line fixed

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rocker shaft oil feed line fixed
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:03:12 -0500
Greetings listers, first off thank you to all that replied regarding my
rocker shaft oil feed line dilemma. I think I thanked everyone individually
but if I missed someone please accept my apology. It turns out that I had to
file a small amount off of my cylinder head so that the line fitting would
fit flat against the surface of the head once the banjo bolt was installed.
I used a little bit of Permatex "aviation form a gasket" to help make a
seal. I also learned that there are perhaps two different details in the way
these heads were machined in this area. On the head that I am using (circa
1970ish), the area where the drilling is, is machined totally flat. On
another head that I have (circa 1972ish)  this area has a slight recess or
counter bore into the head about the size of a quarter and about 1/16" deep.
Of course on  this head the drilling is perfectly perpendicular to the
surface of the machine work (Murphy's Law in action I suppose) Once again
thanks to all that replied. Regards Craig