RE: Hella H4's

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hella H4's
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 07:35:15 -0700

As stated by another lister, if they are 7"round they should fit.
(Apparently VW had some special ones 7" round ones made to fit their Euro
grill on some GTIs -- chances are slim you got these for free).

> 2) Where are bulbs available?
Not sure where you live but I found the aforementioned Xenon bulbs (55/60)
at WalMart in Calgary (Canada) for $16Cdn each. Mine are made by Philips.
Way whiter than the "regular" H4 Hella bulbs they replaced. (And I agree the
blue _tinted_ bulbs the rice boys [and others] stick in their cars are a
pain. The HID lights on the high end German cars are pretty darn nice
however -- but no way to fit them to our cars at present [special high
voltage wiring required]).

> 3) Ya think the stock wiring will be adequate?
It'll be adequate (and the bulb connectors will even fit). But to get full
power to the bulbs and thus get the most out of having them, heavier gauge
wiring direct from the battery and relays are the way to go. I just recently
did this and the difference is mighty fine on a dark road.

One thing about H4s...make sure you aim them correctly or you'll annoy
oncoming traffic.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO