Re: TR4 - removing rear axle seals???

To: brad.kahler@141.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 - removing rear axle seals???
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 07:16:56 PST

>From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: TR4 - removing rear axle seals???
>Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:29:16 -0600
>
>Listers,
>
>Is there any recommended method for removing the rear axle seals from
the
>ends of the diff housing?  The pinion seal wasn't to bad because it is
flush
>with the housing, but the axle seals are recessed several inches.
>
>How about it, any good suggestions out there?!!

  Yea, but it aint pretty... I cobbled somethinf together many
  years back using a slide hammmer fender tool, and a stovebolt
  thingie... pulling the seals took entirely too long, was
  frustrating in the extreme... All the while I was cursing and
  swearing, whishing someone would come up with a simple device
  that would allow one to get behind the seasl and pull it out.

  Of course after I got the seal replaced I for gor promptly
  about having something made.

   Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)