Re: TR4 - removing rear axle seals???

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 - removing rear axle seals???
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 15:42:15 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> A seal puller (a handle w/  2 opposing hooks on the end - kinda looks like
> some medieval weapon) works on these. Should be available at any decent
> parts store, cheap. Now getting the bloody things back in right, is where
> the real fun begins. You will need a seal driver, again available at any
> decent parts store. I made up a driver tool for these things out of
> threaded galvanized pipe and union/reducer pieces. Works better than the
> plastic seal driver. BTW how did that carpet work out? Thumbs up or down?

Well I went to a couple of the local parts houses and finally found one that
had one hook on it.  It wasn't pretty taking them out but it worked!  I do
plan on buying a seal driver also.  I'm not quite at the point where I need to
put those in so I'll look for one while I'm in Denver this week.

Thanks

Oh yea, carpet.  Still waiting for the factory to correct the two pieces.
Apparently they did and sent them to Mark.  Fortunately he checked them
before forwarding the pieces on to me.  Turns out the modified the ones for
the wrong car!  So they are going to redo them again.  Assuming they get
these two parts modified correctly I would have to definitely give the carpet
set a thumbs up along with the service of Mark Walker at Southeastern
Fabrics.  Defintely great to work with.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 3/9/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108