clunk!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: clunk!
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 18:15:06 -0500
Peter wrote(snip
Hi, gang!

I just drove the TR6 a total of 393 miles over the Cascade mountains from
Bend (my home) to Salem, Dayton (to visit BPNW!!) to Portland, and back to
Bend.  (Oregon, that is!)  The trip went fine and although I did bring a
supply of tools, I never had to use them!

  As much as
a FULL SECOND after coming to a COMPLETE STOP, I heard (and felt) several
fairly heavy CLUNK sounds coming from the rear of the car.

Peter: is it possible that your tool box fell over in the trunk? Anything
loose like the jack or spare tire?