Re: sports car factory tours

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: Re: sports car factory tours
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:20:39 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello Peter,

I checked this and found out that Porsche factory tours are possible. They
start
on April 7 th and you have to book for a tour in advance at: +49 711 911 5384.
There is also a Porsche museum which you can visit any time between 9.00 and
5.00.

Anyone visiting Stuttgart shouldnt forget to see the Daimler-Benz museum (now
probably called Daimler-Chrysler museum)  where you can see a lot of famous
racing and sports cars. Factory tours are also possible in Stuttgart (engines)
and in Sindelfingen near Stuttgart (final assembly of limousines and SLs).

And there is among many others a great auto museum in an old castle called
Langenburg, some 80 km from Stuttgart, full of very rare German, Italian,
American and British cars , where even the British queen made a stop some
years ago to visit some relatives and see the cars. They also had a special
exhibition called "early Porsches" the last time I was there.

Regards

Gerhard Wiederholl

CC 31998 LO

Peter Zaborski schrieb:

> I will be in Europe in a few weeks and my route will take me to Stuttgart
> and possibly Maranello. Has anyone toured the Porsche and/or Ferrari
> factories and if so, did you have to book in advance?

> Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO

ÐÏࡱ