Coil Q

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Coil Q
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:00:54 +0000
Hi List,
        I have started cleaning up engine bits for the TR2. I noticed the
coil had a screw recessed in the top of the unit between the CB and SW
terminals. I can find no reference to this in any manuals or books. The
coil by the way is the first type, all black with a flanged base and screw
terminals. Nayone know what the screw is for ? Could it be an oil fill
hole, I believe some coils were in an iol bath.. Thanks in advance

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.