RE: Spitfire lugnuts, 1974

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, "'lee@bcn.net'" <lee@bcn.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire lugnuts, 1974
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:04:34 -0600
Lee,

Does your Spitfire have the optional 5 lug wheels?  (a complete set for my
'73 is 16 lugs (4x4))!

Seriously, they're available from most of the major suppliers (at $4 a pop
ouch!)  I'd look at any used ones very carefully... the newest ones are
roughly 20 years old.  I watched the prior owner of my autocross car shed a
wheel on course... the factory original lugnuts were stripped and rusted
inside.  Yes, I changed all the lugs when I bought the car.

Jim