Re: Brake fluid

To: dmjbaker <dmjbaker@pop.erols.com>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:58:43 -0800
Cc: George Richardson <grichardson@hpower.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I'd double check to see.  I really haven't looked at the warning labels
since those in the late 60's.  That was when I became aware of the issue
of natural rubber parts.

It could be that Triumph stopped using natural rubber in their brake
systems later, but the way I see it, "since Castrol GT LMA meets both
DOT 3 and DOT 4 requirements, it is a safe bet".

You can flush your brake system by sucking the fluid from the reservoir
and filling it with the new fluid (don't do it with Silicon type because
they don't mix), then bleeding the brake system until you have forced
all the old fluid from the lines.  It should take a couple of refills of
the reservoir to do that.

Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer