RE: testing OD transmission

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Peter Z <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: testing OD transmission
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:31:41 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>I'd sure like to know a way to test the OD functionality prior to
installation. I went through the install/remove/install routine as well and
could have avoided one cycle if I knew the OD would not work.
<

Rig up an electric motor to the output shaft of the transmission.  Spin it
up to
speed.  Manually actuate the OD operating lever and see what happens
at the input shaft?

OOPS, I see that Brian told you about his Trans rebiuld/test stand.  I have
seen
it in operation and it looks/works great!  It also looks like it would not
be difficult
to make since it is an only slightly modified engine stand!  Just need to
get the
electric motor!

-Tony