Re: testing OD transmission

To: ARhodes@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: testing OD transmission
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:24:30 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Rig up an electric motor to the output shaft of the transmission.  Spin it
 up to
 speed.  Manually actuate the OD operating lever and see what happens
 at the input shaft?

 OOPS, I see that Brian told you about his Trans rebiuld/test stand.  I have
 seen
 it in operation and it looks/works great!  It also looks like it would not
 be difficult
 to make since it is an only slightly modified engine stand!  Just need to
 get the
 electric motor!

 -Tony >>

FWIW I have used a 1/2" drill chucked to the input shaft to test OD's for
years. Easy, cheap and works great.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B