HUMOR -- Fast isn't always a good thing -- non-lbc

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HUMOR -- Fast isn't always a good thing -- non-lbc
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:08:43 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Not LBC oriented, but what the heck.  Enjoy, I did.

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net

A hip young man buys a 1998 Ferrari GTO, the most expensive car in world
with a price in the range of $500,000, and takes it out for a spin.
While stopping for a red light, an old man on a Moped (both about 90 Years
old) pulls up next to him. The old man looks over the sleek, shiny new car
and asks, "Hey sonny, what kind of car ya' got there?"
The young man replies, "A 1998 Ferrari GTO. They cost about half a million
dollars!"
"That's a lot of money," says the old man, shocked. "Why does  it cost so
much?"
"Because this baby can do up to 320 miles an hour!"   the owner boasts.
The moped driver asks, "Can I take a look inside?" "Sure," replies the
owner.  The old man pokes his head in the window and looks around.
Leaning back on his Moped, the old man says, "That's a pretty nice car,
all right!" As the light changes, the guy decides to show the old man what
his car can do.

He floors it, and within 30 seconds the speedometer reads 320 mph.
Suddenly, he notices a dot in his rearview mirror. It seems to be getting
closer!  He slows down to see what it could be, and whhhoooossshhh!
something whips by him, going much faster!
"What on earth could be going faster than my Ferrari?!" The young man asks
himself. Ahead, a dot is speeding back at him. Whoooooosh!  It goes by again
in the opposite direction!  It looked like the old man on the Moped.
"Couldn't be," thinks the guy. "How could a moped outrun a Ferrari?!"
He sees the dot again in his rear view mirror.  Whooooosh! Ka-BbblaMMM!
Something plows into the back of his car, demolishing the rear end.
The young man jumps out.  It IS the old  man!!!  Both he and his Moped are
in bad shape.  He runs up to the old  man, concern overtaking his anger, and
says, "Lie still!
You're pretty banged   up.  Is there anything I can do for you?"

With a moan, the old man   replies, "Yes..... Unhook my suspenders from your
side-view mirror!">