Re:TR3A carb fuel lines

Subject: Re:TR3A carb fuel lines
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:39:30 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Drew,

I have a set of those lines on my TR3 engine that you may have seen at
the Palo Alto British Car Meet.

The original and the Moss replacement fuel lines are rubber/neoprene or
whatever, fuel hoses inside of a "bright" finished stainless steel braid

with brass ferrules swaged to hold the brass fittings to the lines. The
original had only one threaded fitting, at the fuel line end, very near
the thermostat housing. However, not only do the replacement lines have
threaded fittings at the banjo fittings, (a total of three!) but the
fittings have metric threads and you must use a metric wrench! Because
of the threaded fittings at the banjo fittings they don't look quite
original, but it is close. Most important they probably don't leak.

If originality is your goal these are probably as close as you'll get,
unless you have a set of NOS fuel lines squirreled away somewhere or are

willing to hand make your own new ones.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 in fewer and fewer boxes
Palo Alto, CA