Re: TR6 Diff Mount Repairs

To: <fogbro1@impop.bellatlantic.net>, "Pete & Aprille Chadwell" <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff Mount Repairs
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:04:20 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
OK, blasphemy fans, here it is....

This very same hole saw we have been praising as the savior to oil changes
can be used to sort out a broken diff pin.

A hole, strategically placed on the parcel tray, will allow overhead
welding.  Returning to your favorite Binford Tools store (aka Home Depot,
etc) get a grommet to fit the size of the hole...pretend it's like that
"useless" hole in the floor of TR6's - allegedly for jacking the car up but
much handier when you forget to top up in a rainstorm!!

BTW,  the worst case of diff damage I've ever seen was on a 71 parts car I
bought for the motor.  After removing the rotted carpet from the rear deck I
found a lump of 2x4, through which a stout piece of "ready rod" threaded rod
passed.  The pin was no longer there and obviously left with some
considerable force.  There was a piece of frame about 1.5" in diameter
missing!!!

Davit