Re: wiring question

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: wiring question
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:28:50 -0800
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Peter Zaborski wrote:

> Listers,
>
> snip <

> wires in the split loom harness wrap found on most modern cars and at most
> auto parts stores. When I got back from a drive yesterday I noticed the
> split loom wrap had begun to melt from the ex. manifold heat. I guess it is
> not meant to withstand the temps around the TR6 starter. Fair enough, I'm
> willing to replace it.
>
> The question is, what is a suitable wrap for high temp wiring applications?
> Ideally, it would be clear so I can still see the color of the wrapped
> wires. But I suppose I'll take anything that'll work. Any ideas greatly
> appreciated.
>
> snip <

Peter,

Check your local speed shop which sells header wrap. Not that you have
to wrap your headers. The same company makes a heat resistant sleeve for
wiring and fuel lines. It just slips over. It's not clear, but isn't a
tight fit either. You should be able to slide it back off the wiring to
make sure your hooking things up to the right places, then slide it back
over.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L