Overdrive Commonalities

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive Commonalities
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:09:16 +1000
Whilst the volvo overdrive looks similar it is different internally. In
particular, the ramp angle on the roller-cell clutch is greater and this
presents troubles in high powered cars. A low powered TR6 may be OK but
definitely dont use it in a 150hp TR6. They were a failure point in 4
cyl volvos!!>

You can however easily change the roller cell clutch however for a
Triumph unit.

Some Volvos have a deeper rear flange and others have a different bolt
pattern.

Depending on the exact volvo model (give me the numbers & I can tell
you), the setting pressures and actuation points will also be quite
different, but this also is not insurmountable nor a "show-stopping"
problem
-

Terry O'Beirne

***** English Spare Parts *****