Tech ?? Spitfire/TR6 steering rack commonalities/differences?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tech ?? Spitfire/TR6 steering rack commonalities/differences?
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:49:08 -0600
Experts all:

I know that based on external dimensions the Spitfire and TR6 steering racks
are identical.  Does anyone know if different ratios were available?

I have a friend back east that has trashed his TR6 rack and has access to
several Spitfire racks.  He's saying that he's seen reference to a "quick
ratio" rack for the Spitfire....  but doesn't know if that means the stock
Spit rack is "slower" than the TR6 and someone is offering a TR6 rack as an
"enhancement" for the Spitfire.

TIA

Jim