TR3 -- Bikini Top

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 -- Bikini Top
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:45:49 -0700
Here in Two-suns Arizona the main limit on the top-down driving season
is how much sunshine one can stand.  You end up using the top for shade
rather than for warmth or to stay dry.  Jeep and other 4WDs use what
they call a Bikini Top or Umbrella Top that just covers the passenger
area, the sides and back are open.

Anyway, I've got this notion that I could make one for a TR3 that would
go from the windscreen to the back bow.  Soooo...

Anyone have an old top they would part with?  Condition of the windows
is irrelevant but would prefer one with a set of tenex (windscreen)
fasteners still in place.

BTW if anyone's actually tried this, would appreciate any insight.  TIA.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ