Wrinkle paint woes...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wrinkle paint woes...
From: JoEllisTR3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:02:41 EST
We are having trouble getting the black wrinkle paint to work properly on the
center dash console (TR3). We purchased the paint from Moss. The fellow
painting the dash console for me has tried three times with poor results. The
paint is far too wrinkled (large scale wrinkles, unlike the original small
subtle wrinkles). I know it is very temperature sensitive., but he swears he
is following the directions on the can.

One more question, is it best to remove the gauges, or let sleeping dogs lie?
I don't want to risk breaking the gauge lenses, but perhaps the paint would
work better if the gauges weren't there to "pool" the paint around them. Any
thoughts?

Thanks!