FW: "modern" radio for TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: "modern" radio for TR6
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:13:37 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From:   Radley, Jack
Sent:   Thursday, March 25, 1999 8:13 AM
To:     'HarvoC@aol.com'
Subject:        RE: "modern" radio for TR6

When I bought my 76 TR6, it had an Audiovox AM/FM Cassette installed.

I also received the original BL AM/FM 8Track.  I'm trying to remember
the configuration of the original radio and can't be certain of its
configuration but I think it had the two posts coming out of the box on
each side of the tuner bezel.  So far I am holding on to the BL unit,
but I'm not sure why.

Regardless, by the time I got the car, the Audiovox unit was in and its
installation had called for a rectangular hole the size of the unit
itself.  If there was originally a small rectangle bordered on two sides
by a volume post and a tuner post, that metal was long gone.  I pulled
the Audiovox unit out and replaced it with a Sony AM/FM CD and the
installation was a no-brainer as far as the fit went.  The old box came
out, I filed the side of the rectangular opening to get a better fit and
in went the Sony.  A plastic trim piece finished it off and it looks
like a pro installed it.

My car came with the antenna mounted on the left front fender.