Re: "modern" radio for TR6

To: <HarvoC@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "modern" radio for TR6
From: "maineac" <maineac@netquarters.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:03:13 -0500
I have a Sanyo in my TR6.  The shafts for volume and tuner are moveable
from side-to-side, so the console opening dosen't need to be widened, but I
did have to do a little grinding with my Dremel on the top and bottom of
the opening to get it to fit.  If I remember, I only had to "shave" a
little off to make it fit.  Its a Sanyo, model MAR-1280 with AM, FM,
Cassette with a digital clock.  The power and tuning controls are knobs
(kind of retro), and it has 24 presets (6 AM, 12 FM and 6 Auto Travel).  I
like it very much as it can support 4 speakers with 25 watts / channel.  It
was easy to install, and almost looks right (maybe a little too "modern"
with the amber digital display).

You might also want to call a company called "Crutchfield" who are a
catalog retailer.  They have good discounts on their stuff (all name
brand), and there's a picture of somebody sitting in a TR6 grinnin' at the
camera in their catalog.

My car has the antenna mounted on the front, right side, kind of on the
"scuttle" (not the fender).