RE: blinker and regular unleaded

To: "'Huppertc@aol.com'" <Huppertc@aol.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: blinker and regular unleaded
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:52:50 -0800
Carl :

I switched to the 'electronic' flasher on my TR3A about 5 years ago.
 Outside of the higher price, and the decidedly non-stock appearance, I'm
quite happy with it.  I have no idea of the make/model, but I was able to
find a 3 terminal unit that worked identically to the factory flasher, and
I think I paid about $12 at the local discount parts store.  I had switched
to higher current bulbs, and the old flasher would sometimes stop entirely
after sitting at a light for a long time.

I use regular unleaded, but not in my LBC.  I found a factory
recommendation for 95 research octane for the TR2/3, which translates to
roughly 90 (R+M/2) octane.  Although my TR3A is now modified (and needs
more than 92), I had some previous problems with a stock motor where
inaudible (to me) knock destroyed a piston.  As far as I'm concerned,
premium gas is cheap insurance !

Randall