Re: DOT 5

To: "Neil Penberthy" <n.penberthy@liant.com>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DOT 5
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 99 17:20:10 -0800

>I currently use any DOT3/4  in my Spitfire. But I can't keep brake fluid in
>the Spitfire recently, so I may try DOT5 soon. Of course this may just be a
>recipe for leaking expensive brake fluid instead of cheap brake fluid.
>Maybe the new master cylinder will hold the stuff.....

WHen going from DOT3/4 to DOT5 brake fluid Always blow out all the steel
lines and REPLACE every rubber seal and hose that comes into contact with
the fluid.  It WILL leak if you reuse any of the rubber brake parts.

TeriAnn Wakeman                              Coming soon
Santa Cruz, California                    New hub web site for
twakeman@cruzers.com             everything Rover and expedition equipment
http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman    Links-cars for sale-special equip.
                                     equip. reviews-Books-expeditions
                                             & much more!!