Re: TR6 - PI Fuel Pump replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "David G Langton" <dlangton@cnx.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - PI Fuel Pump replacement
From: Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:47:46 +0100
Hello David,
My experience with the Bosch fuel pump is after 5 years very
positive, but I would like to mention that without modification of the
tank outlet overheating, read vapor-lock is not impossible.To make
sure that the pump has a good inflow it has to be placed as low as
possible and as close as possible to the tank outlet. To prevent
fuel starvation ,as a result of high delivery rate the tank outlet should
be enlarged to the size of the pump inlet and the fuel line should be
kept as short as possible.I have placed the fuel filter between the
pump and the PRV.You will have to use a filter that can accept the
pressure, but these are available from any Bosch dealer.
Concerning the Lucas pumps,as far as I know they are not
produced any more, the ones you buy are exchange units, and can
be total rubbish when you don't buy from a reliable firm.New Bosch
pumps are for sale in Europe for around 200 USD, they are used
here in many Ford models like Sierras/Granadas and
Escorts.Bosch has a large web-site with all their products maybe
you find some info there.Web-site:
www://bosch.de/aad/produkte/index.htm
regards
Jean R