Re: TR6 - PI Fuel Pump replacement

To: "David G Langton" <dlangton@cnx.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - PI Fuel Pump replacement
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:12:51 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: David G Langton <dlangton@cnx.net>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 1999 11:22 AM
Subject: TR6 - PI Fuel Pump replacement

>Any ideas on replacement for the high pressure (110 psi) fuel pump on a PI
>TR6.  The Bosch pump and the Lucas pump are both in the US$450.00 range.
>
>David Langton
>Kelowna, BC Canada

Dave: $450 for a 110 psi Bosch?  I have a "84 VW GTI with the external Fuel
pump, which I suspect would work in the TR6 because it is set up to be used
with "rubber"  fuel lines. I think this one is available is the $120 dollar
range new. Heck, I got a perfectly good one out of a mail order VW boneyard
in California for $35. It's a real simple device- fuel in and out ports, +
and - terminals. Really compact, about the size of a soda can. Call a few
parts yards in your area and go take a look- it's visible under the car,
under the rear passengers side floor board.