Links for Importing Cars into Canada

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Links for Importing Cars into Canada
From: "Wayne and Debbie Tallack" <tallack@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:47:35 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I know someone was asking for info on importing cars into Canada.  I posted
the Transport Canada links before but I finally found the Canada Customs
links.  I work for Customs and they were really difficult to find.  I think
I'll let the communications know just how hard they were to find.

Anyway, it gives you some idea of how to calculate the value for duty and
the associated the duties and taxes for importing an automobile.

If you arrive at a customs office and your vehicle does not meet the
requirements of both customs and Transport Canada, you must either export or
destroy your vehicle under customs supervision. You are responsible for all
the related costs.

http://www.rc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4140ed/rc4140ed.html

This is my favourite part of the regulations:

"If you arrive at a customs office and your vehicle does not meet the
requirements of both customs and Transport Canada, you must either export or
destroy your vehicle under customs supervision. You are responsible for all
the related costs."

I can just see some guy saying fine, "I'm not going to export it give me a
sledge hammer!"

Actually if you were patient enough you could disassemble it and bring it in
parts the reassemble it in Canada  : )

1972 TR6 CC83984U
Page and car both in need of repairs)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/tallack