triumphs@autox.team.net digest #1565 Sat Mar 27 02:35:00 MST 1999

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Tom Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Subject: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #1565 Sat Mar 27 02:35:00 MST 1999
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:15:45 -0500
Tom, I rebuilt my AC pump from a TR4A.  The valves were not fitted
the way the TRF catalog seemed to think they were.  Mine were
crimped in place.  I could not rebuild the valve half of the pump and I
replaced it (top half) with one of the repro units.

I guess that if you use a dremel tool to remove the reimps from the
aluminum seats, then you might get it to fit.  I simply buggered it up...

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Subject: TR6/250 Fuel Pump Overhaul

        Listerati,

        I'm rebuilding my spare AC fuel pump and I've hit a snag.

        I've got everything apart and clean, and I've got the lower half
of the pump body back together with a new diaphragm in place. I'm
using a "County" brand rebuild kit I got from TRF about a year ago.

        The problem is getting the two new valves into their bores
in the upper body without destroying them. I remember others having
trouble with this, and I tried the "valves in the freezer" trick, but it's
no
good. I can't get the valves started, much less seated. I'm at the point
where I usually just use excessive force and the first tool that falls to
hand, thereby breaking something. Anyone have a better idea?

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
<