Re: Odometer Resetting - An Ethical Question??

To: "Gary Klein" <gklein@toad.net>, "TR Newsgroup" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Odometer Resetting - An Ethical Question??
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:10:12 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Gary,

I have been down the same path with a TR4 this winter... rebuild engine and
gearbox and restore dash.

I reset my speedometer for the same reasons stated.  The reading on the
speedo was not reliable and did represent the true state of anything and I
wanted to start fresh with my new rebuild.

You reset the odometer by just clicking the wheels back to zero with a
pointed pick.  You should be able to see the ratchet spring on each wheel
that make it go in one direction only and just push the wheel around in the
right direction.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com