TR250 oil cooler help needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 oil cooler help needed
From: David Brooks <dbrooks@callamer.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:20:47 -0800 (PST)

I have A quick question for anyone who has installed the Moss Motors oil
cooler on a TR 250.  I just purchased the cooler, spin-on filter adapter and
thermostat kit with the braided hoses.  All the parts look good and appear
to fit as designed.  So far so good.

My problem is that once all the parts are attached, the hoses place the
thermostat along a part of the inner fender, behind/under the alternator.
There really is no good place to attach the thermostat here as (1) the surface
is curved (which I can fix by building a mounding bracket) and (2) the
thermostat will interfere with the alternator when the engine rocks on the
engine mounts.

Any ideas?  I am a long time lurker on the list and am constantly amazed
by the things I read here.  The combined wisdom of this group has saved me
countless hours by showing me how to solve some of my trickier TR problems.
(It has also sent me into the garage for countless hours by showing me all the
cool things I can do, but that is another story.)

Thanks

Dave Brooks