Re: Spin-on Oil Filter Adaptor

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Spin-on Oil Filter Adaptor
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:07:07 -0800
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Sumner,

I don't have a Tecalemit to compare with, but my TR4 has the
Purolator.... look on the filter head next to the oil pressure relief
valve adjustment. See if the brand name isn't embossed there. Mine has
the Purolator logo embossed on it. I don't know if the same is true of
the Tecalemit. Mine is off the car, so easy to measure, I measured the
adaptor bolt (male end, should be the same as the bolt in your filter
cannister): it's 3/8 by 16 tpi.

I hope this helps.

fyi, had the oil filter adaptor on my car for 20+ years and the messy
oil changes of the past are finally starting to fade from memory.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

--