RE: 250

To: "Dave Hammond" <dhammond@mind.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 250
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:36:13 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Dave,
        I had this happen to a Datsun roadster with the SU carbs.  I think your
plan to change the oil and filter, drive it for about 1,000 miles and then
drain it and replace the filter is a good idea.  That's what I did.  Then,
start praying that no damage was done to the rings or cylinder walls.  I was
running 20-50W and was probably what saved mine when my engine was
thoroughly flooded with gas.

Good Luck,
Kelly Alford
71 TR6