RE: TR3/4 fan belt

To: "'JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com'" <JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>
Subject: RE: TR3/4 fan belt
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:53:38 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim :

I believe the answer is yes and no.  Yes, a standard B size belt will fit
(although this is an unusual length), but No, the 'original' belts were not
B size.  I think the Cummins truck belt I am using now is B size, and it
rides noticeably lower in the pulleys than the replacement belts that were
supplied 10-20 years ago (I've never seen an original belt).  The older
belts were taller, and had a different angle.

Of course, this is all guesswork.  I'm sure there is some belt engineer
that will correct me <g>

Randall