Re: Cam for Triumph TR6

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@iso.net>
Subject: Re: Cam for Triumph TR6
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:56:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ronald,

        I, too, am rebuilding my TR6 and was very curious about
        whether to regrind the cam or whatever. Spoke to people
        at British Parts Northwest and asked their opinions. They
        are not mechanics but have sold many "refurbished" TR250
        cams for TR6 alternatives. They said it'll add maybe
        2-5 HP and still pass smog tests. So, I bought one ($100 after
        core replacement). Installed it into engine and now waiting
        to put engine back in car. So, I really can't tell you
        at this time whether it was a good decision or not. However
        those people at BPNW claims that they have sold several hundred
        without any complaints.

        Jeff Nathanson
        '72 TR6

At 11:52 AM 3/30/99 -0600, you wrote:

>I am rebuilding the engine for my 1976 Triumph TR6. I have heard the stock
>cam isn't the best. I would like to have something with a little bit more
>power. I basically want an engine that is a little better than stock. My
>other car I want to be really fast. This one I want to be really reliable.
>
>What kind of cam should I get? Can I have the one I have modified or do I
>need a new one? Will I also need new lifters (tappets) or can they be
>re-ground?

Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.
Web site: www.msystech.com