LBC's in Italy - no technical info, but a little LLBC news.

To: Triumph List - Worldwide <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC's in Italy - no technical info, but a little LLBC news.
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:10:56 -0500
Back from Rome, and back on the list.  Let me make this
clear, there are NO LBC's in Italy.  Everything is L
(Little), and most of the motorized, wheeled vehicles on the
roads are C's (Cars), but very few B (British).  I do have
to admit that the Fiat 500's are neat little cars and might
be made honorary LBC's, but most everything is a box, and
some very small boxes at that.  A few have only three wheels
and some are close to the trishaws I rode last year in
India.

The few LBC's are some very nice Mini's which are about as
common as old VW beetles here on the right coast.  One LBC
that did catch my eye were occasional Rovers.  New models,
the 2000 I think.  Other than a very few Land Rovers, and
some XJS Jags Italy is soundly Italian.

Three common, and rather neat little cars are the Ka, built
by Ford, a very attractive Lancia, and the Smart which is
what I believe is a Swatch car.

On the LLBC line, Paul's Model Art (Minichamps) has just
released a 1:43 TR 6 in BRG.  A gem of a model, LHD, top
down, black interior, wood dash.  I don't know if it is in
the USA yet, but it should be coming.  This brand is a
little pricey, but great looks and detail.

In the 70's here in Western PA and time to start using
Midnight as a daily driver.

--
Paul g. Wiegman
1956 TR3