Original TR2 radio?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original TR2 radio?
From: "Mark Gendron" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:35:49 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I have often wondered about the four captive nuts in the passenger footwell
on my TR2, and the speaker cutout in the side kick panel. According to Bill
Piggott's book, these nuts were used to mount the original radio's "valve
unit." It sounds like the vacuum tubes were on a chassis mounted in the
passenger footwell. The controls must have been mounted under the dash, and
connected to the valve unit via an umbilical.

Was such a radio ever actually installed in a TR2? Has anyone here ever seen
one?

-mg
 1954 TR2 #TS2571L