Thanks,TR6 Fuel Gauge Calibration

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks,TR6 Fuel Gauge Calibration
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 99 10:19:09 +0100

To All

Thanks to all that replied to my gauge problem.I have a horrible feeling
I am suffering from the split semi submerged float syndrome.I will check
all the electrical convection first as I in no hurry to take  the tank
out just yet.

I think the following comment from a list member just shows the lengths
we will go to get round this problem,just as well our tanks are designed
the way they are.

>Mine either reads "full" or "1/4" never anywhere else.  I got used to
>it.  FWIW: if you poke a yardstick in the tank, each inch equals about
>one gallon.
>
>Geo Hahn
>59 TR3A
>Runnin' on Empty?

Wonderful Geo,someone should manufacture calibrated telescopic dip sticks
to be carried at all times.

Thanks Again
Cameron
TR6 71