Re: TR6 Fuel Gauge Calibration?

To: Shawn Loseke <SLoseke@vines.colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 Fuel Gauge Calibration?
From: davhill@cwcom.net
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:13:34 +0100
Cc: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Hi, Cameron,

Try this test....

Locate the tank sender unit wire and gound it with the igntion on (not
near any stray fuel). If the gauge reads full, the fault is in the
sender. If not, the fault is either in the wiring to the gauge or in the
voltage regulator. As other have mentioned, this would also affect your
temp gauge reading.

Good luck,

Dave Hill