Oil Flow

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Flow
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:52:58 -0500
Cc: moag@ix.netcom.com
>Two problems were encountered. First --- I'm getting no oil flowing down the
>tube that goes to the oil pressure gauge. I suspect I've done something
>wrong with the hookup at the filter mount. Secondly, have a leak from the
>underside of the front carb. from a part that I was already questioning
>whether I needed to replace (the answer is affirmative). But there are no
>complaints from me --- frankly I was shocked at how quickly and smoothly it
>ran. Now all I need is the body, interior, wiring, cooling, hydraulics ....
>maybe by summer.

Congratulation on the successful engine rebuild!  Regarding the oil line flow,
make sure you have the two different-sized copper (brass?) washers correctly
installed on the filter body.  I "think" the larger one goes on the bottom (to
allow oil to flow to the tube) and the small one on the top to seal the mess.
Be sure to use the cap-nut to avoid leaks.  Otherwise the tube may be plugged.
There's gotta be a better way...
richard