Fuse to protect O/D solenoid?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuse to protect O/D solenoid?
From: "Mark Gendron" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:00:44 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
According to my Laycock manual, the actuating current for the A-type
overdrive is approx 15A, while the holding current is 1A or less. As we all
know, the leading cause of (expensive) solenoid failure is for the actuating
current to be continuously applied to the solenoid. This can be caused by
mis-adjustment, or by mushrooming of the plunger that switches to the lower
holding current.

So. . .would an inline slow-blow fuse of 5-10A prevent this type of failure?