Fuel gauge

To: "TR: Cameron Greig" <cameron@enterprise.net>
Subject: Fuel gauge
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:30:12 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Cameron  write:

>To All

>Thanks to all that replied to my gauge problem.I have a horrible feeling
>I am suffering from the split semi submerged float syndrome.I will check
>all the electrical convection first as I in no hurry to take  the tank
>out just yet.

You don't have to remove the tank altogether.  All you need to do is
disconnect the hoses on top, remove the fuel filler and large hose,
and then remove the top bolts and loosen the bottom bolts and the
tank will tip out enough to allow removal of the fuel level sending
unit.  This saves you the trouble of draining the tank and removing
the fuel line.

I figured this out the hard way and I would hate for you to do so, too.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA