Fuel gauge

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel gauge
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:54:22 -0500
Cc: "TR: Cameron Greig" <cameron@enterprise.net>
Cameron writes:

>Hi All

>My TR6 fuel gauge reads 1/2 to 3/4 when full and somewhere around the
>floor when empty.The other day when the gauge read zero I filled it
>up,only took 1/2 a tank.Before I take  the sender out to clean,any other
>ideas.

>Cameron
>TR6 71

How does the temp gauge read.  If it reads low as well then it might be the

voltage stabilizer.  If it reads normal then it is likely the fuel sender.
Maybe it
just needs a little calibration (ie: bending of the float wire).

Dave

P.S. I have the opposite problem with my 71 TR6.  The gauge sticks to full
over the first 1/4 tank and then starts to decend.  At 1/2 tank it reads
3/4.
When it reads 1/4 I better start looking for a petrol station RIGHT NOW!
;-)