re: Guage Bezels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Guage Bezels
From: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 12:24:42 PDT
David Brady wrote:
>>... I decided that I need to become a
gauge expert. All they really need are new bezels and some
cleaning. Two years ago, when the car was on the road,
things seemed to work okay...<<

Dave: - last weekend went throught my tachometer and speedometer on my TR3.
Reference Tony Rhodes teriffic information
(http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/arhodes) if you haven't seen it.
Thank you Tony for publishing that!

Cleaned out the years of dust and coagulated oil and put them all back
together.  I guess my car hasn't seen as much hot sun etc. as others,
because my rubber parts were still there (hard and brittle, but still
there.)  Had to take both odometers apart to change a gear (see my next note
to the net.)  Hardest part was to get all the little odometer wheels,
washers, spacers and clip back together.  Thank goodness for magnafiers.
The odometer hadn't worked at all (was all zero's) so put it at the known
mileage since the car was overhauled by the PO in 1990, a total of only 1960
kilometers.

Frank
'59 TR3 TS55223L (with KPH speedo for some reason)