Need 20 tooth Odometer Gear

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need 20 tooth Odometer Gear
From: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 12:28:00 PDT
Overhauled my '59 TR3 Jeager speedometer last week and discovered the reason
that my odometer wasn't working - seems the little gear on the odometer
cross shaft was stripped.  Went to swap the shaft with the one from the trip
odometer, and found that one of the reasons that the shaft was frozen was a
small burr in the aluminum casting.  After cleaning out the burr, I cleaned
up everything and put the upper (trip odometer) shaft in the lower
(odometer) position and everything works great (of course, don't have a trip
odometer now.)

Therefore, need a odometer cross shaft (the little shaft with the gear on
one end and the little crank pin that operates the pawl on the other end.)
Because I have a Kilometer speedometer, this one is a 20 tooth gear
(possibly the same as the later models?) not 36 tooth like the early MPH
speedometers. (XK Unlimited doesn't carry parts.)

Any ideas?   Thanks very much

Frank
   '59 TR3 TS55223L (with KPH speedo for some reason)