TR6 Go Kart cont

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Go Kart cont
From: "Eric Lukhart" <lukehart@mis.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 10:38:17 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Thee almightly list was right again!  I had a tear in my cerb diaphram
indeed.  I just went to my local parts store and bought a rebuid kit and
used that diaphram.  The piston works now.

Now the bad news.  The car still has the go kart symptoms on a slightly
lesser scale.  Perhaps I just need the carbs ajusted.  I drove the car for a
couple of hours yesterday and it ran ok.  Still less power sputtering at the
start.  But it idles fine.  Its like something is stuck in my exhaust, only
I am getting plenty of output from all the pipes.  I am still wondering
about the fire to the spark plugs.  If I were running on less than six
cylinders would the car idle smooth?  Would in miss badley?  How can I check
for spark to the plugs?  Once again this list is an incredible source!

TIA,
Eric